This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplendaHoliday #CollectiveBias
If you’re anything like me the holidays are full of baking which, while delicious, can add to weight gain. Did you know the average person gains 5lbs between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day? I’m hoping to help prevent that for myself, by swapping one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® Granulated, No Calorie Sweetener, I can save more than 600 calories. Since I know my ability to turn down all sweets this holiday season is pretty much non-existent I’ll take all the help I can get. SPLENDA® Granulated, No Calorie Sweetener is easy to use in recipes, you just substitute it for sugar straight across, 1 cup=1 cup, simple.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Depending on cookie cutter size and cookie thickness this recipe makes about 30 cookies.
I picked up everything to make these cookies at my local Walmart, gotta love one stop shopping.
2.5 cups unsalted butter – room temperature
2 cups SPLENDA® Granulated, No Calorie Sweetener
2 large eggs – room temperature
1 TBSP vanilla
5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and SPLENDA® Granulated, No Calorie Sweetener together on low to medium speed until blended, don’t over mix, this will not look the same as if you were mixing sugar and butter, that’s OK.
2. Add eggs and mix, again this will not look the same as a sugar mixture, that’s normal.
3. Add vanilla extract and stir.
4. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
5. Add all of the flour mixture to the bowl. Mix on low speed for 3o seconds slowly to keep flour mixture from spilling out. Watch the dough mixing; when it forms around the mixer it’s ready. Again, pay attention to not over mix the dough.
6. Split the dough into two balls. Roll the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Place in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
7. Remove dough from fridge and if needed roll out further, and cut out cookie shapes. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Re-roll scraps and repeat.
8. Put cookie dough shapes back into the fridge for at least 10 minutes to 1 hour to chill again. They will then hold their shape better when baked, you want them nice and cold before putting them in the oven.
9. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
10. Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes or until the edges become golden brown. The baking time will depend on the size of your cookie. (My cookies needed 16 minutes for the first batch on each baking sheet and then 14 minutes after that.
11. Let cookies cool and decorate!
Take a look at how awesome this is. SPLENDA® Granulated, No Calorie Sweetener helps prevent cookies from spreading while baking. These before/after photos show how well the cookies hold their shape even after baking. These cookies are flaky, almost like a shortbread cookie. Since shortbread cookies are one of my very favorite cookies that made me love them even more.
I found a cute kit to make these reindeer cookies while shopping at Walmart on the Christmas aisle, they made decorating the cookies easy and oh so cute. SPLENDA® is also quickly and easily found on the baking isle at Walmart.
J&J Holiday Baking with Splenda
Looking for more delicious recipes? Check out all of these. What is your favorite holiday treat? Mine has to be cookies, there are too many delicious flavors especially this time of year.