This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
My son recently started tackle football. It’s his first year and he’s really excited about it. When I walked into The Wood Connection and saw this adorable Football Door Hang I knew I had to do one! I decided to add my son’s number to make it more personalized. It was an easy and fun project that you can get done in about 30 minutes. It would also be great for a coach gift or a team gift!
Here’s what you are going to need to make it…
Football Laces Cutout
Delta Spice Brown Paint
Delta White Paint
Small Paint Brush
A Couple of Foam Paint Brushes
White Glitter (I used Doodle Bug Sugar Coating in Lily White)
Now that you have all your supplies, you can get to work!
1. Paint the front side and edges of your football in the Spice Brown paint.
2. Once the paint is dry, put your hangers on the back for your ribbon.
3. Paint your laces white and once they are dry, use the wood glue to stick them to the football.
4. Using a pencil, draw or trace your child’s number. If you have vinyl you can use that also!
5. Paint your numbers white using the small paint brush.
6. Paint the wood glue on to your numbers and sprinkle the glitter on top. Shake off any excess glitter. (I’ve found the using the wood glue on top of the paint gets the glitter to hold better than just trying to get it to stick to the paint.)
7. Thread your ribbon through the hangers and hang on your door or wall!
See! It was super easy! Another fun thing to do would be to paint the football and numbers in your child’s team colors, or even just their favorite colors. If your child doesn’t play football, you can do it in your favorite college or pro team colors!
If you want to make this fun craft for yourself, enter our giveaway below and get a $25 giftcard to The Wood Connection!