This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
SO, the boy’s bedroom is coming along. I’ve showed you their beds, their desk (which I still love so so so much), and even told you about the frustration I ran into with their nightstands.
Today I have another 2 pieces of their room to reveal.
These dressers are kind of interesting. They have lived quite a life here in the Crookston house for the last few years. When we bought them it was out of pure necessity, we really needed dressers and these were pretty dang inexpensive but also real wood and made well. They started out looking like this:
Well, that is a pretty crappy picture but shows you the color and basic style of the dressers.
Then, 2 years ago we gave the 3 girls a bedroom makeover for their bedroom. Obviously these dressers were anything but girly and so I painted both nightstands and the long dresser white.
This picture shows the almost end result (we did add knobs)
Well, it’s been 2 years and our family needs have changed again and this time it was the boy’s bedroom that was needing to be completed (should I explain that the room we’re making over for them is the same one you see in the picture above….all pink/white & girly!). So I’ve been working hard on getting the furniture ready for them. I wasn’t sure what I wanted and so I made the process longer than it needed to be. You see, I had plans to paint the dressers an actual color and so I took the time to strip all the white paint off only to then decide that white was exactly what I was going to end up wanting.
So after stripping, priming, painting, sanding, staining…..they are finally finished!
sorry for the rather crappy pictures, the sun was setting so I had shadows all over the place but I needed to get them in the house and so pictures needed to be taken when they could.
I am pretty happy with the results. There were times we got so lucky with things. I had different plans for the drawer pulls, they were more expensive and it was going to take a lot longer to get them so I started looking for other options. I needed 24 drawer pulls so it adds up. We thought we had gotten so lucky because we found these drawer pulls, they were an ugly coppery/brassy somewhere in between there color but they were on clearance for like $1.49 AND they were one of the few that we were able to find that had 24 of them so I figured I could paint them like I did the pulls for the desk. Imagine our surprise when they rang up for .74!
So yes! They’re finally done and in their bedroom. I am still not ready for the full bedroom reveal but it’s getting there and I can’t wait!
Linking up to all this fun!
© The REAL Housewives of Riverton, 2011-2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owners is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to The REAL Housewives of Riverton with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.