This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FueledForSchool #CollectiveBias
Because of our busy evening schedules breakfast more often than not is the meal we have together as a family. I am always looking for new recipes for us to enjoy and am always happy when I find a recipe that will work with our morning schedule. With one in High School, two in Middle School, three in Elementary School, and one in Preschool we’ve got people leaving the house from 7:15-9am. Typically we’re eating right before the older kids leave and as the younger kids are waking up. This Crispy French Toast Bake worked perfectly as I was able to prepare it completely the night before and just toss it in the oven in the morning. I need quick/easy/delicious for it to work in my morning routine and this fit the bill perfectly. Add in that everyone really enjoyed it and it becomes even better.
If you’re like me you always have cereal in your house. I appreciate how easy it was to use Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes in a recipe to make a filling and delicious but still easy and relatively quick breakfast for my family. It’s important to start their days with a full belly so they are ready for learning and able to sit and pay attention to their teachers.
Kellogg’s items are easy to find and a great deal at Target.
Crispy French Toast Bake
recipe by HousewivesofRiverton.com
Preheat oven to 350°
2 TB Butter
12 slices of Bread
approx. 6oz Cream Cheese
approx. 3 cups Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes
3/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Melt two tablespoons of butter and brush over 9×13 casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over bottom of pan.
3. Layer 6 slices of bread along the bottom of pan.
4. Spread small/thin-ish chunks of cream cheese over the bread.
5. Crush 1 cup of Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes and sprinkle over cream cheese.
6. Layer another 6 slices of bread over the Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes.
7. Mix 6 eggs, 3/4 cup milk, teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg (to taste) and pour over the top.
8. Cover and put in the fridge until morning.
9. In the morning preheat oven, lightly crush approx. 2 cups Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes and sprinkle over the top.
10. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and hot all the way through.
We all loved it. I enjoyed it greatly without syrup, I thought it had plenty of sweetness on its own but some of my little syrup lovers enjoyed it greatly with their beloved syrup on top.
Be sure to check out Kellogg’s Back to School packaging and great on-pack offers in store at Target. Also be sure to check each package for the chance to win up to $100 (read more about it here).
I hope you’ll try this recipe and that you love it as much as we did!