This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
If you’re needing a dessert that isn’t pie to take to Thanksgiving dinner you need to try this delicious Eclair Cake recipe!
It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving is on Thursday. I don’t know why but it seems like time is moving so fast lately and I wish there were a way to slow it down. I don’t know if it’s because our family is running in all different directions or that time is actually going faster! I’m so excited for Thanksgiving and to have a nice relaxing day enjoying family.
My daughter’s birthday was this past weekend and she is officially a teenager now (talk about time flying by…I swear she was just a teeny tiny baby)! We were having my parents over for Sunday dinner for her birthday and we were trying to decide what cake I should make. As we were going through the options my daughter reminded me of this Eclair Cake that I made years ago. I couldn’t believe I had forgotten all about this cake! I remember my husband came home from work one day and told me about this delicious cake he had had and how awesome it was and that he had never had anything like it. I told him he should ask his co-worker for the recipe and I am so glad he did!
Eclair Cake Recipe:
4 large eggs
1 c. of flour
1/2 c. butter
1 c. water
1 8.oz. block of cream cheese (softened)
3 cups of milk
1 large box (5.1 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
top with 1- 8 oz. container of whipped topping and chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a saucepan melt butter and water together and bring to a boil, remove from heat and slowly add the flour and mix well. Next, add the eggs one at a time and stir completely before adding another egg. Mix together well.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9″x 13″ pan. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. You don’t want to over bake the crust so check the crust periodically. I know you will be tempted, but don’t push the bubbles down on the crust. Once baked remove crust from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is cooling mix the pudding in a bowl. Mix the cream cheese (softened) in another bowl. After pudding is thick and set up, slowly mix the cream cheese with the pudding. Mix well until creamy smooth.
- After crust is cooled down completely spread the pudding and cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Add a layer of cool whip over the entire top and drizzle with chocolate syrup to finish.
I’m so happy my daughter reminded me about this eclair cake recipe. I’m not really sure why I ever stopped making it but I’m happy I found it again because we love it. I know we will be making it a lot more in the future.
This Eclair cake is the perfect dessert to make and take to all those Holiday parties that are coming up so make sure you have all the ingredients on hand. I promise it will be the hit of any party! It’s so light and fluffy and tastes just like an eclair which makes it the perfect dessert!
If you try making this Eclair Cake this holiday season, I would love to know what you think!
- 10 Fun and Easy St. Patrick’s Day Games - March 1, 2023
- Valentine’s Day Felt Wreath DIY - January 20, 2023
- DIY Valentine Heart Rag Wreath - January 17, 2023