This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
I recently had the opportunity to visit my favorite lifestyle show Studio 5 and demonstrate how to make these fun Giant Poster Board Flowers. I love how these turned out and as you can see by their size they make a huge impact and they are really quite simple to make and are very inexpensive which is an added bonus.
Supplies needed for Giant Poster Board Flowers:
Cardstock for center & leaves
(or something to be the center of your flower)
To see how to make the flowers I’m including video of my segment along with links to the videos where I got my inspiration. The flowers in the original videos are made completely out of cardstock. I modified mine to make them even bigger using poster board. While both options are quite large and sturdy I love the durability of the poster board flowers. They’d be a great project for a porch (just remember they are paper so you’ll want to make sure your porch is protected from rain) or an awesome statement piece for a party or even home decor.
Three tips for making Giant Poster Board Flowers:
1. While they are really quite simple to make there is a learning curve, as you work with them more and more you’ll realize they start to come together easier and easier.
2. Don’t focus on perfect. Because of the way the flowers go together (and because they are suppose to be flowers after all) they do not have to all be exactly the same.
3. Make sure you have plenty of hot glue on hand. I found I used a whole lot more than I was expecting to. Nothing excessive just more than I thought.
I hope you’ll have fun making these and that you’ll share your finished product with us if you do.
Here are the two video’s I used for inspiration:
Video #1 and Video #2
- How to Clean Towels that Smell Like Mildew - January 20, 2023
- DIY Hydrate or Die Water Bottle with your Cricut - January 3, 2023
- What is Cricut Joy? - January 2, 2023
Do you have a tutorial of how to do the center of the flower with burlap ribbon?