This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
Do you ever feel like you get in a dinner rut and make the same recipes for dinner over and over?? I know I’ve felt like that lately. If you are looking for a new easy recipe to try, this Poppy Seed Chicken is a family favorite of ours and is definitely one you need to add to your dinner rotation. It’s possibly the most requested dinner at our house. Everyone likes it, which rarely happens with a house full of opinionated children. It seems like every family has that one picky eater that doesn’t like anything, I’m so happy I’ve finally found a dinner that everyone is excited about. We never have leftovers which is always a good sign! I try to keep these ingredients on hand since I know if I’m ever behind schedule or in a bind for something for dinner this recipe will bring a lot of smiles and excitement from everyone!
Poppy Seed Chicken Recipe:
3 cups Chicken (shredded)
1 c. Sour Cream
2 cans (14.5 ounce) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups Ritz Crackers (crushed)
1 stick Melted Butter
1 T. Poppy Seeds
Garlic Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Dehydrated Onions (to taste)
3 cups Rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil chicken breasts. I like to add a little salt and pepper and dehydrated onions. After chicken is cooked thoroughly shred with a fork and layer it in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix the sour cream and soup together. I like to add a little garlic salt and pepper to taste to this mixture. Mix well and pour over the chicken layer.
- In a bowl mix together melted butter and crushed crackers and sprinkle over the sauce mixture. Sprinkle with poppy seeds over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve over rice.
My husband always jokes and says we should call it Ritz Cracker Chicken because that’s his favorite part! I remember a neighbor brought us this dinner to our family years ago. I thought it was so good so I decided to try making it myself and I’m so glad I did because we all love it.If you are looking for an easy delicious dinner to make on those busy summer nights , this Poppy Seed Chicken will make you happy! It’s definitely become one of those comfort food dinners for me and my family. I promise you won’t be disappointed!