This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you but getting enough protein in every day can be a challenge for me. I love this protein packed green smoothie recipe for 3 reasons.
1. It tastes delicious.
2. It makes enough to share (because in our house you can’t make a smoothie without everyone wanting some).
3. It’s packed with protein which leaves me feeling nice and full for a long time which eliminates reaching for snacks.
How do I make a delicious and SMOOTH smoothie?
There are few things worse than a chunky or watery smoothie. Here are a few things you can do to help eliminate the risk of either of those things happening.
- Invest in a good blender. I recently purchased this NutriBullet Blender and I am so happy with it. I’ve always wanted a Blendtec blender (Paula has one and I’m more than a little jealous about it) because I know how amazing they are but unfortunately they are just a bit out of my price range. When I saw the reviews on this blender and they looked good, I decided to try it. I’m glad I did because it’s definitely my favorite blenders I’ve ever owned. It does an awesome job blending frozen fruits and veggies and making them so smooth.
2. Instead of using ice use frozen food. I make sure I always have my favorite fruits and even spinach on hand in frozen form. I like to slice my bananas before I freeze them so they’re in smaller chunks making them easier to blend. Any time I’ve ever added ice to a smoothie it’s felt watery to me, it’s just not the consistency I’m going for.
3. Add any liquids to the blender cup FIRST. You may need to add additional liquid as you’re blending but start by adding what liquids the recipe calls for in the blender before adding any solids.
4. Start the blender on low and build up the speed as things start to blend. In the end you’ll have a delicious and smooth protein packed green smoothie.
Protein Packed Green Smoothie Recipe:
To make your protein packed green smoothie add items into blender cup as listed
1 cup almond milk
1 spoonful frozen 100% orange juice concentrate
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (this is what I use)
1 cup frozen spinach
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana – I like to slice mine before freezing
1 cup frozen fruit (mine is a mango, strawberry, pineapple blend from Costco)
1 cup frozen strawberries (if freezing yourself I recommend slicing before freezing)
add water as needed for consistency and to keep the blender running smooth.
Our Protein Packed Green Smoothie Recipe Makes 3, 2+ cup servings. Each serving has 173 calories and the macros are 25.8g C/1.7g F/13.5g P
While I can easily drink a 2+ cup of high protein smoothie throughout the morning it’s a bit much for my children. I usually pour them each a cup and they drink it as a snack or along with whatever else they’re having for that meal.
Ready for more delicious smoothie recipes? Check these out.
As you can see we love a good smoothie and we’re pretty good at sneaking greens and other veggies into them.
We’d love to hear what you think if you try our protein packed green smoothie recipe or any of our others. Have a wonderful day!