This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
A family friendly meal that comes together super quickly. Our Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are a great dinner to have the kids help with.
2 lbs chicken breast, shredded
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 fajita size soft flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese , divided
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1. Boil chicken breasts until done and shred.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour to make a roux. Stir and cook until bubbly, gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, onions, and green chilies; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
4. Spray 9×13 and 8×8 baking dishes with nonstick spray.
5. Divide cooked chicken evenly between tortillas. Add 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream sauce and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
5. Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in baking dish.
6. Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and pour remaining sour cream sauce over the enchiladas. (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) Bake at 400° for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
Family Friendly Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
We gobbled up these delicious sour cream chicken enchiladas! They perfect for our family and I already have requests to make it again soon!