This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, we may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Supplies used may be given to us free of charge, all projects and opinions are my own.
I’ve been having a bit of fun baking since the weather has turned a little bit cooler.
I have been wanting to try making banana bread into muffin size to make it easier for the kids to just grab and go. I love my banana bread recipe but I wanted to try making them with applesauce this time.
I found this recipe at food.com. It was just what I was looking for. I made a few changes, I’ll change the color to purple for the things that are different than what the site had listed:
Banana Applesauce Muffins
4 bananas, ripe
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer.
3. Stir in sugar and let stand 15 minutes.
4. Add applesauce and eggs and beat well.
5. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
6. Grease a muffin pan (I used a cooking spray and my pampered chef muffin stone) and scoop into the cups (I used the pampered chef large scoop to get a total of 26 muffins)
7. Bake for 23 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (The first batch cooked in exactly 23 minutes and the 2nd in exactly 20, I would set your timer for about 18 and check after that)
8. Remove from oven and let stand 2-3 minutes before removing from pan, cool on wire rack.
I added the total calories for everything I put into the recipe and then divided it by the 26 muffins I was able to get which made them *86.54 calories per muffin which I don’t think is very bad at all for something so yummy! They turned out fantastic and are a huge hit here!
Nothing really extraordinarly about the picture of the muffin but the taste is wonderful. I love how in the stone they get just a little brown crispness to the edge which makes them even better! ENJOY!
*based on the package information for the ingredients I used.